I find that I am laughing to myself quite a bit these days; things that may otherwise seem pretty strange become the norm when you have a puppy. These everyday occurrences may not seem normal for many folks but anyone with a new puppy will relate.
You know you have a new puppy, when............................
- You need to keep a camera in every room.
- Every15-20 minutes you are heading outside.
- You have a minimum of one toy basket filled to the brim in every room.
- Each time you undress, treats drop out of all your clothing.
- You put on your jacket and smile because there are already treats in the pocket.
- Out shopping you head to the pet section of the store first. (I actually do that all the time anyway.)
- You wonder if you will ever sleep in again; and by that I mean until 6:00 am.
- You are constantly seeking friendly dogs and people so that you can successfully socialize your newest family member.
- You have become accustom to stepping over baby gates.
- Pin cushion has a definite meaning to you now.
- You want to throw a party when you notice that first little pin has fallen out.
- You are throwing a party and consider your attire and the puppy. A fairly sheer blouse, hmmm perhaps a teeth rip. High heels, hmmmmmmm you might step on her feet with those things.
- The daily poop-o-meter check is a given.
- Finishing a conversation is something you look forward to in the future.
- You have several containment areas set up around the house, for your sanity.
You realize just how quiet everything was before you got a new puppy; wouldn't life be a boring place without a little turmoil thrown into our lives now and again. Give your puppy a hug and smile knowing that today will not be a quiet or boring one. Those days are down the road.