Good morning, I hope that everyone had a wonderful July 1st and 4th weekend; and that you and your dog/s made it through safe and sound. Elsa and I watched television through the fireworks and she did pretty well. There was no shaking, trembling or dilated pupils; although when we went to bed she had to deal with a few residual boomers. She hopped on and off the bed a couple of times but then settled down once they all FINALLY stopped.
I'm often stumped about a topic to write about so this morning as I pondered what to write about; I thought I'd list some of Elsa and my favorite things to do. I think it is really important to do things that you love and offer our dogs the things that they love to do as well. Like us, they are all different so what one dog finds fun to do another may not at all. What one person loves to do, another may not.
Elsa's favorite things.
- without a doubt, meeting up or playing with her dog friends is number one
- retrieving her ball, she is rarely seen or photographed without her ball
- going for a walk/run anywhere
- lounging in the sun on some of her comfy patio furniture
- getting her toes in the sand, it brings out the puppy in her
- her family
- scenting, sometimes it's nearly impossible to get her nose off of the ground
- lizard hunting
These are activities that make me happy and I have a passion for. Some of these things involve Elsa, some start out on my own and then I add Elsa and some are Elsaless.
- spending time with my family and friends
- DOGS, training, watching them etc.
- walks in nature - the beach, forest, field etc.
- weight lifting
- bouldering (rock wall climbing)
- cooking and baking
- wine tasting
- dining out at great restaurants
- paddle boarding will soon be on the list. It is something I have always wanted to do and hope to include Elsa once I get a handle on it.
Life is short, too short not to do the things that you love to do. The same goes for our dogs. Enjoying life is important. Each and every dog is an individual; what they love to do will be a very personal choice. Allowing our dogs to partake in something that they love to do is typically something that we dog lovers love to do as well. Seeing Elsa enjoy herself is something that I love. Making her happy makes me happy.
I would love to hear what you and your dog love to do.